Certified ScrumMaster (CSM) is an interactive introduction to Agile terminology, concepts, and principles. Participants will learn about Agile concepts and have opportunities to immediately try them out in a simulated project setting. This workshop will prepare participants to effectively participate in and lead agile teams.
- Scrum history and the importanec of the 5 Scrum Values: Commitment, Focus, Openness, Courage & Respect
- The Agile Manifesto, and the difference between Agile and Scrum
- What environments and projects are best suited for Scrum
- Empiricism and how it works to control a project
- The Scrum framework – how does it work?
- Scrum roles and responsibilities – who does what and why?
- Servant leadership and self-organization
- Scrum meetings and “other” Agile meetings and practices to help ensure success with Scrum
- Vision Statements, Road Mapping, and Release Planning
- Requirements vs. User Stories and the Product Backlog
- Sizing Product Backlog Stories and preparing them for a Sprint
- Sprints vs. Iterations, Product Backlog vs. Sprint Backlogs, official Scrum meetings vs. “other” meetings
- Benefits of Burn-down charts and Burn-up charts, and how they are created and used
- Best practices with User Stories, offshore, and implementation
- Identifying potential trouble and how to be prepared