Certified Product Owner® (CSPO®) delivers a dynamic course filled with practical exercises and real-world examples. Experienced Scrum practitioners will walk away with ideas for improving their Scrum practices and students brand new to Scrum will gain a solid understanding of how to get started. Similar to the CSM course, the CSPO class also goes deeper on the topics more related to the role of the Product Owner. There is more emphasis on the PO role in Scrum with topics such as using a vision statement to guide the team, creating a product roadmap, and release planning. Learn about the maintenance of the product backlog and practice writing user stories using user roles and personas.
- Scrum history and the importance of the 5 Scrum Values: Commitment, Focus, Openness, Courage & Respect
- The Agile Manifesto, and the difference between Agile and Scrum
- What environments and projects are best suited for Scrum
- Empiricism and how it works to control a project
- The Scrum framework – how does it work?
- Scrum roles - ScrumMaster, Product Owner and Team
- Sharing the Vision
- Working with Stakeholders
- Using a Roadmap
- Estimating and planning
- Writing and working with User Stories
- Understanding and drafting Acceptance Criteria
- Prioritizing the Product Backlog
- Accepting or Rejecting the work
Ideal learners would be business analysts, project managers, product managers, business managers, executives, and anyone seeking to understand the Product Owner Role and learning the benefits that Scrum can bring to the business.